Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nap Time


This one is really just all about the picture.  This was any number of given Sunday afternoons where I put you down for a nap.  You are notorious for not staying asleep after being put down so a few times I decided to just keep holding you.  Sometimes that means I come back out to the living room and watch some TV with your mom, other times it means I take a nap with you (as was obviously the case this time).

I'm really glad your mom snuck in a took this picture because it is one of my favorite memories with you.  You spend a lot of time with your mom.  Which is good.  You love her and in most cases you prefer her.  Which makes moments when you reach for me, or call for me, or stay with me that much more precious.  I know you love me as best you can at this age.  And I hope you will continue to grow your love for me as I do for you.  And I'm not saying I would trade amounts of your love for moments like this, but moments like this sure do make me feel like you have that much more love for me and make me feel great.

I love spending time with you and love it more when you enjoy spending time with me.  I look forward to spending time with your outside playing.  I look forward to spending time with you doing homework.  I look forward to spending time with you on daddy-daughter dates (not optional mind you).  It's crazy how much time I want to spend with you.  All I get during the week is an hour in the morning and a few at night.  The weekends we spend at home you entertain yourself pretty well and I need to take advantage of because soon you will be to grown for me to play with.  You will be playing with your friends.  So I promise now to cherish my moments with you and make the most of your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment