Sunday, January 9, 2011

30 Weeks - Happy New Year!


Not a whole lot has changed since Christmas.  You keep on trying to walk, taking a few steps at a time.  We did have a little fun for the new years though.  And by we I mean your mom and I.  We stayed up late watching some movies eating pizza.  Pretty uneventful because we had a sleeping baby in the next room.


New Year's day was a bit more fun.  We dropped you off with Grandma and P-Pa so we could buy some amenities for the house - a ceiling light, some shelves for the kitchen, things like that.  Then we headed back to P-Pa's place to have the annual Root Beer Tasting.  I believe we are up to the 4th Annual iteration.  You probably know this by now, but Root Beer is pretty amazing stuff.  My Mom's Dad (Grampa Barney) used to make it for family picnics/reunions and that to me was the epitome of Root Beer.  Some store bought stuff comes close.  What makes the annual tasting fun is the variety.  P-Pa doesn't just go out and buy Barq's, Dad's A&W and Mug.  He buys Sioux City, Frosteez and other obscure brands.  He has even ordered some online for the tasting.  While main stream society has wine tasting, we have Root Beer tasting.  Not that I am a connoisseur of Root Beer, yet, but I really do enjoy the tradition and I hope that you some day enjoy it with the same enthusiasm.  Your Aunt Lyssa and Dani do not enjoy carbonation much so a tasting like this would not be so much fun.  PLEASE do not be like that.  I would have to disown you.

Kidding.

Probably.



Anyways, I am babbling a bit because there really is nothing new to report on you. You remain the light of our lives.  I don't get to spend a whole lot of time with you anymore.  I can't put you to sleep.  You don't get swaddled anymore.  You just get put into your crib whether you thin you are ready or not and if you need to you cry yourself to sleep.  It sounds terribly mean when you say it that way, but when you understand that babies cry when they are tired and don't know that they need to go to sleep it makes more sense.  So I lose that time I used to have putting you to sleep.  Plus since you have your own room you are in our room less so I don't see you in the morning as much.  And I am not driving home, I am taking the train/bus so I get home a little later.  So that takes away from my time with you as well.  But what time I do have with you, the time when you smile at me and love me, that time I cherish and love.  And I look forward to the days when you enjoy it as much as I do.  Days when you will want to cuddle and just be my precious little girl.  So I guess that is something to report.  Maybe more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment