Sunday, July 31, 2011

The First Year

This has been, by far, the fastest year of my life.  I cannot believe that the year has already come and gone.  I have looked at some of the photos and it really amazes me how much you have changed.  You have gone from this fresh, new, helpless darling into a mobile, whirling dervish of destruction and activity.


This was my beautiful little girl when we got her home.  Round, wrinkly but with bright eyes and a desire to be moving from the get-go.  You had trouble eating at first.  And when we got you home we had to run to the drug store to get you something for the gas that very night.  But you were already pushing off our chests and lifting your head, as much as you could.  I really have a hard time believing that this was ever you.


This was the next phase of my baby.  Very baby faced, wide-eyed and so stinkin' cute!  This was the age of experimenting.  Learning how to roll over, crawl and walk.  Adventurous for you and for us as parents.


That face became this face.  Still adventuring, exploring and learning.  Not yet a whirlwind of destruction.  Not quire fully steady on two feet.  Still a sweetie.  Toothless.  Your face is thinning a bit because you are so mobile.  Never sitting still.  But totally our little angel-girl.


This is my little girl now.  Mischievous. Fully mobile.  A Climber.  And growing cuddler.  Every day is different.  Highs and lows.  Like a little person, but still very much a child.  And oh how we love you!

Brooklynn, I am so glad you have come into my life.  I am pleased with the girl you are growing into.  You are clever and capable, both traits that will serve you well later in life.  Although you could use a little more of the clever and apply it to listening to your parents.  From the very first day you were here it has been quite a new experience for me.  When you were born your mom was confined to her hospital bed and could only feed you.  Everything else was my job.  And I was no where near prepared.  But how can you be?  I have learned a lot about you, your mom and myself in the last year.  And that learning will keep on going until the day I die. I can only hope that you keep your energetic, spirited attitude for the rest of your life.

As I proof read this, I can't help but use the oft stated "words can't describe" moniker for how I feel about you.  There are times when your mobility frustrates me to wanting to chain you to a chair.  There are times when you are cuddling with me that I couldn't be happier.  I really do love you so much, little girl and I can't wait until you are a little older and you can begin to understand that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment