Thursday, January 26, 2012

Conversations with Brooklynn

If you are tracking dates on my posts you are probably wondering what happened to me.  Well I got a little lazy and a little busy and that is life.  But what matters now is that you can read this and still know what happened in basic sequence in your life.  This post and the next were started shortly after your first birthday (6/27/2011) but were not actually completed until Jan 2012.  The good news is they are brief and cover only some heartfelt emotions you stirred up in my soul.

Conversations with Brooklynn began sometime near your first birthday.  What I remember most vividly was walking you around the church on Sunday and having a perfect example of one of our earliest conversations.  We were of course walking around the building because you can't sit still during sacrament and be reverent.  Oh no.  Not our little monkey.

On this particular Sunday I was walking around the church and showing you pictures of Jesus.  You had already learned to say who it was (JeJe).  And you had already demonstrated the ability to agree with someone whether you really meant it or not by saying "ya" (usually with a few exclamation points following).  So as we are walking I asked you if a particular picture was Jesus.  Of course it was because you were too young at this point to try and fool and that would just confuse you.  What surprised me was your response.  You said, "Ya! JeJe."

That was a sentence!  It shocked me.  And I was just so thrilled to be having mini conversations with you.  I told your mom the story after church and she agreed that it was very cute and amazing.  Which pretty much sums up our opinion of you.  Cute and amazing.

Several similar conversations happened following that involving affirmations and naming of objects.  The most simple of dialogues, but so monumental in my mind.  Just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment