Saturday, May 22, 2010

You made your mother cry! Kinda...

OK, OK.  So it was really me.  I finally told your mom about the blog on Thursday.  I don't remember what we were in the middle of watching on TV but she wanted to get onto the computer and it was being weird (not showing the display mostly is what it is doing lately, although today the letter "i' is not behaving either) so I have to fix it for her.  So when I booted the thing back up I loaded the blog for her to read.  She read it non-stop and when she got done she was sobbing.  I blame the hormones for that one, although a little crying would not have been unusual for her.  She was just very happy that I thought of it and thinks it is a good idea.

So she posted something about it on her blog and now the cat is out of the bag and everyone wants to read this.  Well  not everyone, but some people.  I had to think about it for a moment before I made my decision.  And while this blog is for you, it is also about you and my perspective of things.  Your mom doesn't always see things my way.  In fact she rarely does.  It isn't bad, it is just different.  Which also isn't bad in case you haven't learned that one yet.  So I think people would enjoy reading all about it.  And it isn't like they can change anything I post.  Even your mom can't do that.  Although if she tried really hard she probably could.  So could half of my family if they had any hacking sense whatsoever.  But that is besides the point.  The blog is up for people to see.  I will start "following" your mom's blog so there will be a link for others to click on and see this one.

Just thought you should know that you certainly aren't the first to read this.  And hopefully you won't be the last.  The idea is to have memories of your childhood, and like it or not your kids will probably want to know stuff about you as a kid.  And you won't be able to remember half of it.  But good ol' dad will have it all down in 0s and 1s (that means digitally).

1 comment:

  1. Mommy did cry, but only because she thought that Daddy's idea to create a blog for you was the sweetest thing ever and she was so happy that he wants to share his thoughts and feelings with you.

    ReplyDelete