Friday, June 4, 2010

Kicking and screaming... but mostly kicking.

Let's start at the beginning of the day before we get to the kicking, which we will definitely get to.  I arrived at work today to the tune of everyone thinking that I would not be back to work the next week.  One of my co-workers who is also having his first kid seems surprised every day that I show up.  Everyone in the office seems to think that you are due to come out ANY DAY NOW!

So since daddy was not going back to work everything that he was working on today needed to be finished today!  So I had to work extra hard and pull some unusual strings, but everything eventually got finished.  It got finished 15 minutes after I was supposed to go home!  Which isn't completely outside my realm of work ethic, but the City (my employer at the time the City of Tukwila) doesn't take to kindly to working overtime even if you work that long for free.  But this seemed necessary so my boss kind of looked the other way.

After finishing everything I raced home to be with you and your mom.  And by raced I mean took a different route with more traffic and a higher speed limit.  In no way did I actually exceed the speed limit or endanger myself on that motorcycle.  When I got home we had a lovely dinner and we spent some time together on the couch.  The whole family.  That is when the fun started.

Your mom said you were moving pretty good.  Like more than normal, which could be a little since you didn't move that much anyways.  But tonight you were going crazy!  A lot of moms talk about how their kid moves their stomach around and you can see their tummy ripple and go up and down.  Your mom thinks she had seen this prior to today, but today you just went to town!  Not only did I see it, but where I did see it I also felt it on the opposite side of your mom's belly.  And you just kept going!

It was pretty nice to see that you can move around and be active.  And to see how strong you are!  All very encouraging signs.  And so exciting for your mom and I to see and feel.  Well mostly exciting for me.  Your mom feels that kind of stuff all the time and is probably getting tired of it all.  She just wants you to come out so she can love you.  I wouldn't mind that one bit either.

1 comment:

  1. It was definitely a new experience for Daddy and I was shocked at how active you were last night! How come you waited until you were 40 weeks to decide to do gymnastics inside me?? Crazy little girl! We love you so much and can't wait for you to come out to show us your tricks!

    ReplyDelete