Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Two Weeks and a Tour


You are two weeks old now.  I know, big deal.  And for the most part you are right.  Not a whole lot has changed.  You are still the world's greatest baby!  You eat well enough.  You still oddly enough like to push against your mom and move your head around just to make it difficult.  Difficult for you AND your mom.  We don't really know what that is all about.  You also sleep really well.  Based on week one we, or at least I, am amazed at how much you sleep.  When you sleep during the day I get worried that you are not going to sleep at night.  But you still only wake up once per night around 2:30-3:30AM.  That is after being put to sleep around 11PM.

The day after your two week "birthday" (for lack of a better word) you had an appointment with the pediatrician.  Unfortunately I had started work the day before so I couldn't be there for you.  This was the appointment where your heel was going to get poked again.  I was really worried for your mom.  Fortunately your Gramma Compton is here this week and she went with your mom to help you stay calm (as if that was possible).  Surprisingly, from what I am told, you slept pretty peacefully through it.  That impressed me and added to your status of being the best baby ever.  The good news about having an appointment is that you were nearby so you could stop by my office and visit!

While you did get to come see me at the office, you also got to visit all of my co-workers.  And not just the ones in my office.  You had met most of them before, and they all thought you were precious just like we do, so we took some time to go around the rest of the offices in City Hall and show you off to the ladies there.  Most of them were kind enough to buy you some clothes or other presents, so it was only fair that they got to see you.  Grown women and babies are so funny.  They could spend all day with a baby, regardless of whose it is.  And I am convinced that they think ALL babies are adorable.  So they all told us how perfect and beautiful you are.  It doesn't hurt that you actually are perfect and beautiful.

So after some serious fawning and adoration it was time for you to go, which is always sad.  I find myself missing you a lot while I am at work.  Almost like I want to be able to work from home just so I can take a break every couple hours and see you.  I just got SO used to holding you and seeing you and hearing you every day for the last two weeks.  All day, every day.  But absence makes the heart grow fonder.  So the saying goes.  I have my opinions about that, but that is a different story.  Besides, by the time you are old enough to read this you will be in school and spending most of your time away from me anyways.  Every day I love you more and more and being away from you just isn't fun, even if you cry half the time you are awake.  




No comments:

Post a Comment