Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July = 4 Weeks

OK.  So the title is a little misleading because the 4th of July is actually a day before your 4 week anniversary.  But is so close I just had to use it for the title.

It is amazing to me that you will be a month old in two more days.  Time flies when you are delirious from lack of sleep.  Good thing for me I am not losing much sleep.  You are still being quite the precious little girl.  Behaving nicely and not acting too fussy.  I think I covered your mood in the last post.

What I wanted to discuss mostly this time was our little 5th of July adventure.  Your cousins Bryson, Addison and Chloe all came over for a barbecue on the 4th and the grown ups decided we would go on a little hike today.  It was just going to be a small hike because first your mom doesn't really like hiking and second she just had surgery 4 weeks ago and shouldn't be exerting herself too much.  Well boy were we wrong!

We were on our way to Cougar Mountain when your Aunt Nicole called asking where we were going.  Our directions didn't match hers so she decided to let us go the way we had planned.  Bad idea.  Everyone ended up at the same place, it was just that place had a pretty rough hike for a post-surgery mom and four parents carrying their kids on their backs/shoulders.


But we all made it through alive.  As you can see in the picture I am carrying you.  This was our first time using the baby carrier.  Your mom had the bright idea of reading the directions on the drive up there.  One of them said to make sure if you fall asleep to put your head to the side to have an unobstructed breathing way.  Well your head was to the side but your hands were up by your face or your nose was smushed up against one of the straps.  So most of the climb I was checking on you to see that you were able to breathe.  Obviously you did fine.  In fact most of the time you slept.  It was kinda nice to have you sleeping on my chest for that long.  It was some quality daddy-daughter cuddle time.  Usually you are all cuddly with your mom after eating then she passes me off to you and you don't want to cuddle any more.  But today you were super nice to me even cuddling up in the restaurant after we were done.

I don't have a close up 4 week picture of you, but I do have a family shot of us after the hike was over.


I think you can tell that you had just woken up.  But you are still our sweet, beautiful little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment