Monday, July 12, 2010

Five Weeks

So I missed the four week picture.  Let's lead off with the five week picture to be sure we don't miss that.


For some reason today I really missed you at work.  I had you for two hours at church yesterday and more at your grandparent's house and back home.  I had you plenty on Saturday.  You would think that all of that time would hold me over for an 8 hour work day and another hour for travel and the gym.  But while I was working half way through the day I just missed you and wanted to see you and hold you.  I wanted to kiss your chubby cheeks and see your bright eyes looking around.  I want to be there when you start smiling on purpose.  This working stuff is going to be hard.  Your mom has it so easy getting to be with you all the time.

A few other notes - I think your arms are getting longer.  When I hold you, you try to grab my shirt like you do your mom's.  Most of the time this doesn't work for you.  My collar's are higher than your mom's so the only time you usually get a hold of my shirt unless there is a nice wrinkle right by your hand.  But lately, especially today, you have been able to grab my collar.  I don't think I am holding you any higher so that just means your arms are getting longer and you are getting better at controlling them.

Speaking of control - Your mom got some good pictures of you picking your head up off of my chest while I was laying on the bouncy ball.

Look at how high you are!  You are just growing up before our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment