Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Grunting to Seven Weeks




I know you are cute and all, but there really is nothing cute about the way you wake up lately.  Except that it is so unusual it is comical and thereby funny.  You grunt and stretch and fight waking up so much I can't help but laugh a little.  It is endearing a little.  The best part about that is I can whole heartedly understand where you are coming from.  I HATE waking up (notice the all caps "HATE").  To me the world just does not exist before 9AM.  OK maybe that is 8AM now but it used to be 9 and I still would rather it be 9.  It takes me a good 20-30 minutes of actively being awake to really be awake.  Sure I might be conscious, but forget about alert and reasonable.  I think I have told your mother that anything I say that early in the morning means nothing.  I also told her the same thing about what I say when it is late and she said that wasn't fair so I will go ahead and stick to the morning being the time of my mouth not communicating with my brain.  Even if the same is true for late nights when I get tired.  I don't know what it is, but I just really do not like mornings.  And it warms me up to know that when you get older you probably won't like them either.  Except Christmas of course.

So you are now seven weeks old!  That is almost two months!  You will be a year old before I know it.  It will most certainly be before you know it because you don't really remember much at this point.  But the time is sure flying by.  You just keep changing little by little.  Your mom was carrying you this morning on her shoulder and I saw you looking back over her shoulder and you were just so alert and looking so far off... you were so cute.  I am a doting daddy, I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment