Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tricks and Quirks

The latest thing you like to do when you are laying on my chest is climb.  Not kind or climb or sort of climb, but full on legitimate climbing.  You will pick one leg up, plant it and push down then repeat with the other leg.  It works really well, especially when I help you our a little bit.  But even when you are on your own you are a climbing machine!  It makes me think that you will be crawling real soon, which would be really early!  That is a neat trick.

A note on the video - This is our first time really trying out the camera we bought so lighten up if the video isn't up to your HD standards.  Hopefully it will get better the more we use it.

As for the quirks, you don't like your car seat.  But sometimes you do.  It is really random when you are good in the car seat but mostly you wail like a banshee when you go in our out of it. 

I think we already discussed the need for a bouncer.  As a side note we popped the on your grandparents loaned us so we had to (and I mean had to) buy another one to keep you happy.

One of my favorite things about you now is your face when you are happy and awake.  I call it "Blue Steel" after the movie Zoolander.  If you haven't seen it, watch it.  Not only will you get it, you will probably laugh some.  It's classic!

Your mom says that you are playing with your tongue more.  I have seen you stick your fingers in your mouth a couple times.  Usually it is on the way up to your face or to pull your headband down over your eyes (a regular occurrence with any headband).

And of course you are still staring off into space when we hold you.  But you have been better about hearing our voices and tracking the sound.  Sometimes I swear that you are really looking at me and thinking deep thoughts.  You look so profoundly at me and I look lovingly back.

What does all this mean?  It means that you are growing up just like you should and developing a personality and specific traits.  You are not just generic baby unit X.  You are Brooklynn Elizabeth Compton.  And you are my daughter and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment