Tuesday, August 17, 2010

10 Weeks... So BUSY!


So what has changed from 9 to 10 weeks?  Well just look at your position in that Boppy.  You are trying to sit up!  And the spitting.  I can't believe I haven't talked about the spitting yet.  It is SO un-ladylike.  It is not just slobbering, which would be cute and funny enough.  No you actually make noises with your lips and push that spit out like there is no tomorrow!

On a serious note, you are now officially on the records of the Church.  It was kinda funny I was looking up someone's number on the ward website the other day and your name wasn't listed by ours.  It was because you had yet to be given a name and a blessing.  A fact that we remedied this last weekend.


Fortunately for you (and us) we had some family in town for your Aunt Ali's reception, more on that later.  But above are all the men who stood in the circle (minus our Bishop) for your blessing.  To be completely honest I had been thinking about this blessing for quite some time.  There is always debate when it comes to blessings that you see coming as to whether you should think hard about what to say or completely let the spirit guide you.  I am of the impression that you prepare yourself and then let the spirit guide you.  That is what I ended up doing.  I wanted to make sure that I had thought of everything that I should say but not use the words from my head.  I think I did a pretty good job because my mind was blank as soon as the mic was put in my face.




We have notes from my mom and sister as to what the blessing said and I hope we can decode it to represent what was actually said.  Suffice it to say I think service was a theme.  And that is important.  I learned that a lot on my mission.  Having problems?  Do some service.  Feeling good? Share it and do some service.  Anything in between?  Service, service, service.  It makes everyone feel better, you learn so much from it and it brings many blessings.  So if you remember nothing else remember service.

I was very happy with what was said and I think that, much like a patriarchal blessing, if you live righteously and follow what you know to be right, you will turn out just fine.

Afterward we had some fun in the park just hanging out with family.  It was a little warm but it was still good fun and nice to not only see family, but hang out outdoors.



On to the rest of the weekend!

As mentioned your Aunt Ali gave you a new uncle, Uncle Kyle.  You may him better as DW from what P-Pa calls him.  You never know with your P-Pa, Kyle may not be DW and P-Pa may not be P-Pa.  The reception was wonderful.  Beautiful weather, great setting and tasty treats.  The only downside?  Daddy was asked to be the photographer.  It's not that I mind.  It is just work and your father follows the mantra of work smarter not harder (which sounds better than work less when possible).  Plus I didn't want to be responsible for taking lame photos.  But you know what?  I think I did all right.  Especially on the stills.  But this isn't about me.  Who is it about?


Oh, that's right.  All about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment