Thursday, August 26, 2010

11 Weeks... Hands!!


I can't really think of anything else that is of merit about you except to say that you have discovered your hands and you LOVE them!  Your mom posted about this when you were 10 weeks old, but I think it has grown to a full blow obsession at this point.  The other night you were in my lap and you have eight of your ten fingers in your mouth just letting the slobber flow.  And of course when you were done and needed to get all that slobber off of you who did you turn to?  That's right.  All over my arms.  But that is OK.  Such things to no bother daddies.


Well I guess there is your hair.  I mentioned that it was getting longer in the last post but it really is starting to fill in nicely now.  I mean look at it.  It is really hair and not just fuzz anymore!  When you were born you had a few random long hairs and those are still there, which just get crazy while the rest of your hair is usually manageable.

Then there is this -


Your head is supposed to be facing the other way!  So CUTE!!

I suppose I could also mention how you met your second-cousin Audrey Belle Clements.  For some reason we tarded out and didn't get any photos of the two of you together.  Your mom and dad and her parents were good friends until they abandoned us to go live on the other side of the state.  Thankfully they are close enough to persuade to meet at your Gramma and Grampa Compton's for a visit every once and a while.  Since Audrey is rolling over everyone thought it would be a good idea to put the two of you on a blanket on the floor and just bask in your combined cuteness.  Well cute it was!  Unfortunately you didn't show off your "trying-to-crawl" trick so no one really got to see that.

I hope that the two of you are good friends.  It made a big impact in my life being close to my family.  Not just my brother and sisters, but to cousins.  They are great to play with but they should also have the same values as you so you don't have to worry about pressure or temptation.  Just wholesome and exciting good times!  I remember many a summer day wasted with Audrey's dad.  And when I say wasted I mean it in the we-made-our-own-fun kinda way.  Ahh... memories...

*A note for those who are wondering - A second-cousin is two people who share great-grandparents.  Much like cousins have the same grandparents, second-cousins go one step up on the genealogical tree.  If you have caught on by now you would guess that third-cousins have similar great-great-grandparents.  And you would be correct.  Cousins-once-removed are different.  When a person's cousin has a child, that person's child is your cousin once removed.  That one is harder to explain.  But who cares, they are all just cousins to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment