Thursday, September 2, 2010

12 Weeks... Sucking Face!


I think I have told you that you do some pretty un-lady-like things.  You slobber, you have recently started talking a lot while you eat (your mom can tell you more about that and did in her blog).  But I seriously do not think you are old enough to be sucking face!  Even if it is your own.

OK, so now that I made you laugh a little (hopefully) and got an interesting hook for this post (see writing 101), let me explain what I mean.  When your mom and I put you to sleep we use a pacifier.  Call us lazy if you want but you try putting a screaming baby to sleep without a pacifier when you know a pacifier works magic in getting you to sleep.  Anyways, when you are asleep your jaw relaxes and the pacifier falls out.  You have been doing that since week 1.  What has started happening lately is you sleep-suck the pacifier and end up sucking on your own lip.  It's as though you have an invisible pacifier!  And it is so darn cute.  One of these days (maybe this weekend) I will have to get that on video and post it.  That is why we bought the video camera in the first place.

Aside from that there isn't anything new.  You just keep growing.  It is weird that most days I just see you as you.  Nothing new.  Then one day *BAM* I see you as an inch taller and three pounds heavier.  It sneaks up on me.  I wouldn't mind the same thing happening to me with the height, not so much the weight.  Go backwards with the weight.

12 weeks is just about 3 months.  Do you realize how long that is for your mom and I?  It is crazy!  My co-worker Scott had his baby Nate a month after we had you and we constantly trade stories and share what we learned.  One of the best things he shared with me was some scientist suggesting that parents treat the first 3 months like a 4th trimester (should there possibly be a 4th TRImester; be definition there can only be 3).  Since baby trimesters aren't really months (they go by weeks) that means that your 4th trimester is over!  Now I have no idea how to act.  We will just have to treat you like a little person.  Which isn't hard considering how much you are talking lately.  I guess that is new, too.  Let's talk a bit about that.




Can't you just see the words spilling out of your mouth along with all that spittle?  Your mom and I LOVE your talking.  There are several kinds.  Which is amazing for a person who doesn't even know how to form words yet.  There is the obvious happy talking.  When you get done eating or wake up from a nap.  Or even when you are spending quality time with your mom and dad or grandparents.  Then there is the bored/not doing anything talking.  It sounds pretty much the same just without any enthusiasm.  The third kind is your pseudo sad talking.  This is when you are on the verge of being upset or sad.  It just sounds kind of whiny and, sad to say it, kind of pathetic in a very, very cute way.  

I can't wait for real words to start.  There is so much to look forward to.  So many precious moments to cherish forever.  And you will find them all right here!


No comments:

Post a Comment